- > Earth Science >
- Earth's Atmosphere and Environment, Quiz 1
15 questions on the Earth and it's environment :
The quiz above includes the following questions:
- 1. The approximate circumference of the Earth is ...
- 2. The term used to describe a location on the Earth's surface using an angle measurement is ...
- 3. The Earth rotates on its ...
- 4. What causes the seasons to change from winter to spring, summer, autumn and then back to winter?
- 5. What is the approximate distance from the Earth's surface to its center?
- 6. What is the name of the perpendicular plane half-way between the North and South Poles?
- 7. Regardless of the Earth's location in space, a straight line between the North and South poles always points to which star?
- 8. In the Northern hemisphere, what is the name for the time of year when a hemisphere is tilted at its maximum towards the Sun?
- 9. What do we call the time of year when the Sun is directly overhead at the equator?
- 10. When in the year do all latitudes north of the Arctic Circle spend 24 hours in darkness?
- 11. Where on the Earth is there always 12 hours of daylight, every day of the year?
- 12. In a typical day, what is the coldest time?
- 13. The moon affects large bodies of water on the Earth's surface by ...
- 14. Which of the following is likely to have a greater range of daily temperatures?
- 15. The lowest layer of the atmosphere is called the ...